Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh be careful little mouth,.....

Events of late have caused me to reconsider how much I learnt at Bible College, and I have begun to think if I shouldn't go back. I was at my friend's house, we were four girls there. We were just hanging out and laughing and such, and we decided that it would be nice to pray for each other before going home. So, we start to pray. I am the second to pray, and I'm just pouring out my heart in prayer for Edita, when she bursts into laughter. "I'm sorry I couldn't hold it any longer!" Cold realization sets in for me, as I am now sure that I have said something wrong. Christina, instead of saying, "Lord thank you that you will never leave her...", said, "Lord, thank you that you will never FORGIVE her.." The difference between these two words... one letter. One letter, world of difference! Time to go back to Bible School!

This brings to my mind another experience that I actually wasn't witness to, but heard all about it! After Campfest, we all drove back very late at night. I didn't get back till 4am, and Mark arrived at 7am. They took a wrong turn and ended up on the wrong side of the country! So, on their adventures in the car of trying to stay awake, Mark told me of this story. He was sitting in front with Boris, a couple of the youth were in the back. THey were having a really good worship time, English and Slovak both mixing and interchanging... beautiful. Mark cries out, "Pane, nikto neni ako ty!" (Lord there is none like you) to which Boris replies with all his heart, "Yes! No one likes you Lord!" This is the point in the story where Mark bursts into laughter. So hard that he cannot even drive! He pulled over into a gas station, where everyone literally falls out of the car onto the ground laughing.

Good times.

No comments: