Friday, June 15, 2007

More Car Experiences

Oi vay... The red angel has bitten the dust... again... temporarily. Yesterday I went to Banska Bystrica to officially buy my car. While I paid the money to buy the car, I could not register it in my name because I didn't have my legal paperwork completed. Until now! But, there is another snag, the official owner, Bohunka Brenkusova is in India with her husband, Jozef, as missionaries. But Bohunka gave her sister in law, Lubka power of attorney to manage her affairs in her absence. But for some odd reason, the police decided not to accept this paper because it did not specifically mention the sale of a car on the legal declaration. So, I am back where I started. Still not owning the vehicle on paper, and having to wait.

That was yesterday day, yesterday night I was driving a couple girls from small group back home when my clutch decided it was going to protest, at 10 o'clock at night. You might remember that just a couple months ago I got a whole new clutch system, and now I think the pedal got jealous because everything else was redone but him! :) No, I don't know what the problem is, I just know that the pedal isn't connected to something because I don't think it is supposed to wobble back and forth when you hit it! So, it is sitting on the side of the road waiting to be taken to my friends neighbours house, where he might be able to fix it in his spare time.

I have been encouraged to trade in this 11 yr old Seat Ibiza for a newer car, especially if the cost to fix this car will be significant. But that brings us to dilemma number one.... how can I sell a car I don't officially own. If I had the money I would buy a newer car and put this one in the garage until I was able to sell it, but that kind of cash does not avail itself too easily for me. But, the Lord knows I need a vehicle, and the Lord will provide for me. Whether that means by sustaining my car, or by providing me with a new one.

Oh, adventures!

No comments: