Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Red Angel


This is the Red Angel... my new vehicle! It's a SEAT (pronounced say-aww-t... kinda like at the doctor) I just got it this morning! Seems to drive alright, and I am slowly but surely getting used to driving a) a standard and b) in Europe! But actually, the standard part isn't as bad as I remember from my youth. No bunny hopping... a little screeching of the tires though. But then people just think I'm obnoxious and they don't suspect that I am just learning again! At least, I don't think they know... :)

I also have a contract to sign a contract for a lease of an apartment. It's absolutely massive. I seriously don't know what I will do with all that space! It's a big house that was made into 4 apartments. So I only have 3 neighbours. We have a fenced in yard with a gate, the other 3 people have a little garden plot, but on my little plot, they built a garage. So no problem parking for me! the apartment has 3 big bedrooms (one will be the living room/church location), a kitchen with a dischwasher and a decent freezer, a pantry, a storage room, an area for an office, a hallway, a big bathroom.... you get the drift. I should be able to move in on the 15th or so. It won't be furnished apart from what I've already mentioned, so I will have to buy... everything! But yes, there is an Ikea in the country... the only one is in Bratislava... not too far away! I'll send pictures once I have them!

3 comments:

Pastor Debbie said...

Praise God for His provision - car and apartment sound great. And an IKEA to furnish the apartment! Thanks so much for keeping the blog current.

Michelle said...

Wow! That is absolutely fantastic! It sounds like you are having the time of your life there :) Awesome!!

Celeste said...

This reminds me of something I hear in church often:
"Where God guides, he provides!"
That's fantastic! Ikea is sweeet! :)
Celeste