Saturday, August 15, 2009

28 Days...

Unlike the Sandra Bullock movie, my 28 days are counting down towards something great! :) 28 days until I will forever change my name and my life. 28 days of singleness. 28 days of stress and preparation!

But, in the midst of the shopping trips to IKEA, the checking off of names and items, and all the stress that that entails, I was most pleasantly overwhelmed last night with a surprise bridal shower!

Last night, I thought I was going to my friend's Matt and Amber for our semi-regular games night. I had just been to the pool and wasn't looking all that gorgeous, but oh well, it's just Matt and Amber! But, so my surprise, there were 15 of my closest girl friends from several different cities hiding away inside their apartment! I was the object of a conspiracy; apparently this has been brewing for weeks and weeks now!

The night was long and fun, embarrassing and hilarious, sensitive and moving, and overall, a WONDERFUL experience. Thanks guys! You're the best!

No comments: