Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Red Guitars

Again, I have abandoned the blog for a god period of time... sigh... I wish I could be better! I don't even have any pictures to show you because my camera broke awhile ago, and I am investigating if it can be fixed. No word yet...





For the past couple months, I have been attempting to learn how to play the guitar. One of the remaining remnants of things left behind in my house since church was here, is Milan's red guitar. It sat in my living room for a very long time, until I finally said that I was going to use this opportunity to learn how to play! So, my friend Betka taught me my first two chords at Christmas time. So, I was glad for my two chords, but we never could quite get it together after that (I was shy to ask) to get her to teach me some more. So, a couple months ago I downloaded chord fingering charts and found some songs and began to teach myself. A month after that I asked Martin, who leads worship at church if he would meet with me. So, every Saturday I take the bus up to Klokocina (one part of Nitra) for an hour lesson, then I have to run to catch the bus back down! And last night, was my crowning achievement... I played in our small group meeting and it wasn't a complete disaster! Have no illusions... I lost my rhythm a couple times, I fumbled the chords a few times, but, all together it was really good! We worshiped and God was glorified even in my weakness!






Also, I've been able to make some new friends! Through the St Catherine's team, we met Marian, and through him, I've been introduced to a whole network of people! Marian works with an organization called AIESIC, which is an international internship program. AIESIC also has a close relationship with ERASMUS, which is a student exchange program. So, I've met people here in Nitra, from all sorts of backgrounds: Spanish, Turkish, English, Slovak and others! They're a great group of people and we have a lot of fun together. I've also had some chances to share the Gospel with a few, a few have come to church and one came to small group last night! Some of them have been believers, and so it's been good to encourage them in their walks as well. It's been a blessing so far and I believe God will use this relationship to open more doors to share Jesus with others!

No comments: