Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Car Update

Tommorrow the car is being towed away to another shop. The one shop, which has been running tests and diagnostics for the past couple months has given up trying to find out what the problem is. They are 90% sure they know what the problem is, but finding that used part has turned out to be next to impossible. So, they have thrown in the towel. They told me that I had only one option left: take it to the dealership. So, tomorrow I will tow it there.

At first I didn't think that it would even be worth it to fix the car, that I could just sell it for parts and get a decent price. Well, that has turned out to be less of a reality than I thought. I was laughed at when I told someone how much I thought I could get it for parts. And it's also more complicated than just a simple sale. So, if I can fix it and sell it right away, that would be the easiest way, and I would also get a better price for it.

So, no more Seat Ibiza for me! I have managed to get by so far by walking everywhere or taking the bus. It has worked so far, but my ministry outside the city has pretty much ground to a halt. I haven't been in Nove Zamky since April when we had a team here who had rented a car! There have also been missed opportunities to serve others, and I have needed to fall on the mercy of others who have cars. Like I said, God has been faithful and I have managed to get by, but I am feeling the need to be more mobile again.

Hence, I have launched a fundraising campaign in order to be able to buy a new-to-me car! I am aiming to buy a 2-3 yr old Skoda Fabia or Oktavia Combi. They are readily available and parts (should I ever need them) are close at hand since they are made in the Czech Republic and cheaper too. They are also a very reliable car, and I have been encouraged to buy one by many people. That or the VW Polo 5... but, unless the Lord opens the Heavens of provision, I will probably aim for the Skoda! :)

Please watch the video here to learn more about this fundraising campaign, it is very different (I have very creative friends who share their ideas with me!) and very interactive. Yes! I need you! Please watch!

No comments: