Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter


During the time that we celebrate the death and resurrection of Christ, I am marvelled by a new form of new life that I was able to celebrate this Easter. And that was the resurection of my laptop!!! After being cut off from the land of the technologically connected for a whole month, I am pleased to announce my return! And not only were they able to restore my laptop to me (complete with new hardware) they were also able to save my data!!! I am SOOOO thankful for that! There were so many things, precious things, files that represented hours of my life that were not backed up (which are now!) that I thought were lost forever, that have now been restored! Praise God!

Also, for Easter, I was very glad to host my friend Anne Wahl, from Weingarten, Germany. Anne was one of the youth that I worked with during my internship in Germany way back in 2003. After 5 yrs of seeing each other, it was really wonderful to have her here. For Easter weekend we took a little trip up to the mountains, I wanted her to see the nicest parts of this country! It was so incredible to reconnect with an old friend and over Easter as well! I thought it was a little ironic that it was at this time that she chose to come. 5 years ago, I spent Easter with her family! It was also good to brush up a bit on my German, which was a frustrating endeavour... trying to find it in the attic of my brain! But I was glad to re-discover my hidden vocabulary!

As far as an update on my car is concerned, I he last time I called my mechanic, I asked him if there was any hope for the car, his response, "ooo... I can't say..." So, needless to say, it doesn't look good. Because I use my car so much for ministry, and because of the precious cargo (people) that I usually carry in my car, a reliable car is on the wish list! Stay tuned for more details!

No comments: