Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Turkey Scoop



I figured I'd debreif you all a little bit on what actually transpired in Turkey... It was a wonderful time of connection, I got to meet other people who have the same heart and passions as I do, serving in the same relative area of the world. It was absolutely great to become a part of the missionary family, and it felt just like that. One observation that someone made was about how we greeted each other the first day we all arrived. They said that you would never see such exuberant and joyful meetings at a district conference! Loving embraces and tearful goodbyes... it really did feel like family. Of course we discussed all the nitty gritty areas of budgets, strategic planning and so forth, which is to be expected. But my highlights were the conversations over coffee, or sitting on the terrace. Playing Settler's of Catan till all hours of the night, and of course, eating 3 meals a day! And believe it or not, I think I actually LOST weight while I was there. I think I would be the ONLY ONE! I'm looking forward to next year already!

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

Sounds so fun! I can't wait to try it out for mysef!