Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Being Evicted???

Alright, so yesterday afternoon, my landlord was standing in my driveway with 2 other men. Strange I thought, but whatever. I walked up to them with much apprehension and my landlord said, "Oh hello, I am so glad that you are here. We want to talk to you. That man there is an Austrian, and he will pay double what you are paying for this apartment. You're not able to meet that are you?" She then proceeded to tell me that I would have 2 weeks to move out. She mentioned that the other man with the Austrian is a realtor and he would be more than willing to help me find a new place, as well, she also owns another apartment in town which I could also check out and move in immediately.

At this moment in time, I was actually on my way out to take a friend to the airport, and we were already late in leaving. So, I was trying to recover from this gut-wrenching event, while driving on the highway. Not fun. I have since looked at our contract, and, as it turns out, they have to give me 2 months notice and according to the law, it should be 3 months. I am really hoping this doesn't get ugly. Part of me just wants to go and maintain the peace. So, I am looking for a new place for me and my roommates to live...

My apartment was a huge blessing, not only to me, but to others as well. Also, my rocky relationship with my neighbours has really improved over the past few months, which was very encouraging to me. But, this just goes to show again, that we cannot hold on to anything of this world too tightly, and to always be prepared for whatever could happen. Over this past year, I have come up against challenge after challenge. From my car breaking down, to being a victim of fraud, to my computer crashing... and God has shown Himself faithful again and again, and has showed me that He IS taking care of me. I believe that this will be another case of this.

Pray for me.

No comments: